I am an essential oil virgin and trying to learn more about them. I decided Lemon oil was a good place to start. I received a 15 ml bottle from #SimplyEarth which I received at a heavy discount for a unbiased review. The cool thing about Simply Earth is that they donate 13% of the profit from every product purchased to organizations that are rehabilitating trafficking victims. As an avid Special Victim’s Unit fan, I was ecstatic to discover the company’s charitable contributions to such organizations. In my opinion the product itself is good. It is 100% pure, non-toxic oil with no additives or fillers. I do wish that they included a page of ways to use their product. If you are like me and unsure how to use this product, I’ve saved you the hassle and attached a list from a website below. I personally used it in my water to promote fat-loss and as a disinfectant. The scent is quite pleasant. My daughter and I like to put a drop on our wrists and smell it throughout the day. It’s very calming. My daughter thinks it smells like Lemon Head candies. I would like to get a diffuser so I can have the lemon aroma permeate my house and energize us all. I’ll probably use it in my laundry to, because let’s face it when you have 3 midgets to take care of the laundry will be forgotten and sit too long.
Top 10 Lemon Essential Oil Uses from http://draxe.com/lemon-essential-oil-uses-benefits/
- Laundry – In case you leave your laundry sitting in the washer too long, just add a few drop of lemon EO and your clothes won’t get that nasty smell.
- Teeth Whitener – Mix lemon essential oil, baking soda and coconut oil and rub on your teeth for 2 minutes and then dense as a natural teeth whitener.
- Clean Hands – Got greasy hands from working on your car or bike and regular soap isn’t doing the trick? No worries, just add a couple drops of lemon EO with your soap and get your clean hands back!
- Natural Disinfectant – Want to steer away from alcohol and bleach to disinfect your countertops and clean your moldy shower? Add 40 drops lemon oil and 20 drops tea tree oil to a 16-oz spray bottle fill with pure water (and a little bit of white vinegar) for a traditional cleaning favorite.
- Face-wash – Lemon essential oil uses for skin can can improve your complexion and leave your skin soft and supple. Lemon oil benefits skin by deeply nourishing. You can make lemon oil with baking soda and honey for a natural acne free face wash.
- Wood and Silver Polish – A lemon oil-soaked cloth will also help spruce up your tarnished silver and jewelry! Lemon oil for wood cleaning is also great.
- Goo-Be-Gone – Un-stick the sticky goo your kids leave behind with stickers and gum with lemon oil.
- Promotes Fat-Loss – Putting 2 drops of lemon oil in your water 3x daily can support metabolism and weight loss.
- Improves Mood – Diffusing lemon essential oil in the air can lift mood and fight depression.
- Immune Support – Lemon oil can support lymphatic drainage and help your overcome a cold fast, mix it with coconut oil and rub it on your neck.